• WSA World Dryland Championship 2018
    Šamorín, Slovakia 17./18.11.2018
  • European Championships SNOW
    Inzell - Germany 02.- 05.02.2017
  • European Dryland Championships
    Lauf - Germany 11.- 13.11.2016
  • 20th Anniversary World Sleddog Association
    1995 - 2015
  • World Championships Sprint/MD
    Scharnitz - Austria 2015
  • WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS LONGTRAIL
    Särna - Sweden 07.- 10.03.2017
Protocol
WSA General Assembly
10th of June 2017, 10.00 am
Mudau-Reisenbach/ Guest house "Zum Grund"
Im Grund 3/Germany


Topic 1 WSA Chairman to welcome members and guests - report of previous year followed by reports of other Board Members

WSA-Chairman Arno Steichler opens the GA at 10.20. He reports the previous year and is very happy to inform all that the WSA grow up to 30 member countries, but he also remains the board members as well as the country members that this is a lot of more work. Few years back the current board started with 14 country members and one championship per year, meanwhile we have 30 country members and 3 championships per year. To make it easier job descriptions for board members will be made in the next weeks. Arno Steichler also reports that Irene Valenkamp is no more available for WSA due private reason, with her WSA lose a great person and hope she will return soon.

Topic 2 Acceptance of invitation and agenda as per WSA statutes

The Invitation as well as the Agenda was accepted unanimously.

Topic 3

  • Count of delegates and votes (see separate list of delegates and votes - Annex 1)
  • Attendance list

Following the examination of the list of attendees by Cindy van den Brink and Manuela Petutschnig-Gruber and the update of the data, the following number of votes was established:
  • Board: 11 votes
  • Delegates: 29 votes

Club

Country

Name of delegate

Number of votes

WSA

Germany

Christoph Diehl

1

WSA

Germany

Michael Landau

1

WSA

Germany

Arno Steichler

1

WSA

Netherlands

Cindy Van den Brink

1

WSA

Austria

Manuela Petutschnig Gruber

1

WSA

Poland

Jacek Włodarczyk

1

WSA

Sweden

Teunis Bos

1

WSA

France

Laurent Berge

1

WSA

Austria

Christian Helm

1

WSA

Scottland

John Carter

1

WSA

Germany

Karsten Hesse

1

   

IN TOTAL

11

Club

Country

Name of delegate

Number of votes

VDSV

Germany

Dagmar Wojcik

Sonja Marbach

Michael Landau

2

1

1

PASS

Poland

Mikołaj Włodarczyk

2

Concord

Russia

Elena Shepeleva Elena Shepeleva jr

1 1

DSO

Netherlands

Cindy Van den Brink

1

Antarctica

Italy 1

Fabrizio Filoni

Luca Quartallo

1

1

MBEL

Belgium

Rudiger de Pauw Freddy Guillaume

1 1

Lucky Sledddog

Italy 2

Andy Bordiga

1

SSV

Switzerland

Guido Weilenmann

2

BMC

Czech Rep.

Stepan Krkoska

1

RSSC

Austria

Arnold Petutschnig

2

SZPZ

Slovakia

Patrik Lucansky

2

AMWA

England

John Carter

1

SDAS

Scotland

Mary Carter

2

SPHK

Sweden

Karina Andreasen

2

   

IN TOTAL

26


  • A total number of 37 votes was established.

Topic 4 Report of the Treasurer and the Financial Auditors - discharge of Board Financial report (Annex 4)

Cindy van de Brink as a treasurer reports that the WSA had incomes from Lauf – dryland championship and from on-snow championships in Inzell, but that the expenses was higher than the income so that WSA had a seasonal minus around -1000 Euro.
Russia have 1700 credit because of overpaying. The financial controllers Elena Shepeleva and Irene Valenkamp controlled the books before the GA and thanks the treasurer Cindy Van the brink for her great work and ask the assembly to discharge
the treasurer. The treasurer was discharged by total majority.
Arno Steichler asks the assembly to discharge the whole board – which was also discharged by a total majority. Afterwards the president asks for election of two financial controllers, Irene Valenkamp is no more
available for re-election due personal reasons. Elena Shepeleva is  re-elected unanimously and as second new financial Controller  Mary Carter is proposed from Members and subsequently voted with
1 no from husband and 36 yes.
 
Topic 5 Membership Applications

5.1 Finnland
The papers are checked by the board, the president Arno Steichler ask for voting.
Accepted unanimously by the GA – welcome to Finnland in WSA.
5.2 Romania
The papers are checked by the board, the president Arno Steichler ask for voting.
Accepted unanimously by the GA – welcome to Romania in WSA.

Topic 6
Singlemember Applications
6.1 Dänmark
Anders Larsen - accepted unanimously by the GA – welcome Anders Larsen in WSA.
Karen Kolbeck - accepted unanimously by the GA – welcome Karen Kolbeck in WSA.
Zoran Dimovsky - accepted unanimously by the GA – welcome Zoran Dimovsky in WSA.
6.2 Hungary
Sophie Verla - accepted unanimously by the GA – welcome Sophie Verla in WSA.
6.3 South Africa
Jean-Piere Joseph Bussio - accepted unanimously by the GA – welcome Jean-Piere Joseph Bussio in
WSA.
 
Topic 7 Proposal Board Members

7.1 Christian Helm
Application 1 from Christian Helm to combine all EC in one season in alternation with WC in following season is accepted unanimously by the GA. Arno Steichler asks the organizer of the Polardistans that there have to be made a contract including a payment to WSA to have an income not only expenses out of Polardistans.

Application 2 from Christian Helm to change Bodies of Association, in detail change the names of Director Distance in Director Middle Distance and Director Off Snow in Director Dryland and last but not least change the function of Director Pulka to Director Long Distance. The GA accepted unanimously to change the names of directors but want to have new elections if a function is changed.  

The  GA accept unanimously  that the Agenda is changed at this point and votes with total majority
that Skijörer as well as Pulka should be supervised by the respective division directors and that the function Skijöring Pulka  is changed in Director Long Distance and last but not least that the director long Distance will be elected for two years.  The president offers for the position Director Long Distance Teunis Bos, out of the Ga Karina Andresen is proposed, the president moves the election to the end of the GA to let the members time to propose further candidates and to think about their choice.

7.2 Manuela Petutschnig-Gruber
Application from Manuela Petutschnig to remove race data registration chiplist into download chiplist which is given directly to vet check at championships is accepted with 36 yes/0 no/1 abstention
Karsten Hesse reminds at this point that medication should not been written down on chiplist and again asks all country’s to remind their members if they give any medication they have to send at least 4 weeks before championship the medication form to Karsten Hesse. A PDF for medication form to download is already on WSA website and the new Download Chiplist will be published as soon as possible on WSA side.
 
Topic 8
Proposal Members
8.1 DSO
1.) DSO proposes to separate the Middle Distance and the Sprint Championships after some pro and contra discussing’s the GA voted with 26 no / 7 yes / 3 abstentions. Manuela Petutschnig asked if it is not possible to split it sometimes to give the chance to organizers to find a combination with a other organizer if it is not possible to organize such big event, herby Laurent Berge offers that in 2018 IFSS asked to make a big middle Distance Race together with WSA. It will be discussed in the future to be more flexible.
2.) DSO proposes to reduce WSA board, after the previous reports about the additional work for board members the 2nd propose is withdrawn by Cindy van de Brink.
3.) DSO proposes to reduce the time limit from 150 to 140 % is not accepted with 22 no/ 8 yes / 6 abstentions.
8.2 GREAT BRITAIN proposes to include the Canadian Eskimo Dog in Statues and Rules – after many discussions the GA decided to decline the propose with 24 no / 7 yes / 5 abstentions.
8.3 SLOVAKIA  
1.) Slovakia proposes Zuberec as an world cup race in 2018 which is accepted with an total majority  
2.) Slovakia proposes Skijoring 2 dog class – after pro and contra discussing’s the GA decided to for a test Year without separation men, woman and breed with 28 yes / 6 no / 2 abstentions.
3.) Slovakia last propose is withdrawn – it is only a question if there will be a veteran class on snow too – which the President Arno Steichler negates.
8.4 ITALY
1.) Italy proposes dogs age rule should be same for Dryland as for on snow which means, if a dog is 15 months in the month of championships neither snow or dryland it is allowed to start except Bikjöring and Scotter 18 monts and also start in previous competions in same season. Accepted with 16 yes / 14 no / 6 abstentions.

Topic 9
Proposal from Rolf Münch
The proposal with open hooks will be send back to overview, the GA decided with a majority that the current racerule applies for sprint and middle distance which says all open hooks are forbidden. The new Director Distance is asked to make own long distance rules were the open plastic hooks are maybe allowed at necklines.

Topic 10  
Race Rules Distance are still in progress. Arno Steichler reports that they will be printed as soon as they will be finished.
 
Topic 11 Any other Buisness
1.)
Voting for Long Distance Director: two proposals Karina Andresen or Teunis Bos. As a voting committee Arno Steichler, Cindy van de Brink and Laurent Berge are accepted as the voting committee. Karina received the majority of votes - votes are destroyed.
2.)
MEDIA –Arno steichler reports that Inzell was visited with approx. 10.000 visitors. Whether the cooperation with MPM is the best one is doubtful, but we have to look for other possibilities because we must improve our sport, communication, PR and members.  Proposals will follow. Current Michael L.andau und Christoph Dhiel are in contact with new sponsors to find new ways to generate money.
3.)
Arno Steichler placed that Christian Helm need support Chris H is a lonely fighter - he needs support. Arno Steichler proposes Teunis Bos as helper for Chris.
Unanimously accepted from the GA.
4.)
Russia ask to lower the age for participators for juniors or create a kids class – result of discussion - not for Championships but at local races kids races are allowed to organise
5.)
Arnold Petutschnig want to know if we have next year again a brand championship for Sveg – negotiated from Niklas he has only one main food sponsor up till now. Michael Landau and Christoph Diehl thinks we should continue with the brand cup some others contras are as well situated per example brands cup take away sponsor money from Mushers.
6.) Winner Ceremony is a poor performance it should be found a way that more people take place in ceremony. Sveg will try to find a way (Maybe tombola) that the people will stay until the end of ceremony
7.).
Slovakia ask if E-bike are allowed for Dryland – which is negotiated from the GA
8.) Worldcup was a little chaos because of wrong result list and so now results will be done in coming weeks and puplished on WSA Website.

 

Protocol written by                                                                                        released by

Manuela Petutschnig/Secretary                                                                     Arno Steichler/President